STATE OF THE NATION 2012
Media Coverage of the Joint Session of the Fifteenth Congress of the Republic of the Philippines for the President's State of the Nation Address (SONA) on 23 July 2012.
Downloadable FORM(s) needed for SONA 2012
The non-extendible deadline for filing of application for media accreditation is 12 July 2012.
MEDIA ENTRY ON THE DAY OF THE SONA
(North Gate and North Lobby)
- All media vehicles and media persons with SONA IDs shall enter the Batasan Complex through the North Gate (fronting DSWD).
- Security directs media person to Media Entry Check Desk at the North Gate (operational from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm) for inquiries and assistance.
- All media persons with SONA IDs who are going to the Plenary Hall, Media Center or any part of the Main Building, South and North Wings shall enter through the North Lobby. Security-tagging of media equipment shall be the responsibility of the Presidential Security Group (PSG).
- "No car pass, no entry" policy shall be enforced.
- Outside Broadcast (OB) and radio vans, and satellite vans of the networks shall park at the road adjacent the perimeter fence fronting the flagpole area. Cable tray has been provided for all connections from that location. (ANNEX G)
- Generator sets/trucks of RTVM and the networks shall be parked at the designated area in the North Sunken Garden which will be exclusively for specific gen-set set-ups of RTVM (4), GMA 7, TV 5, ABS-CBN, UNTV and Solar TV which will be allowed one (1) gen-set set-up each, per previous hook-up arrangements with RTVM. (ANNEX H)
- Other media vehicles will be issued "drop off" only car pass for unloading of passengers or media equipment at the North lobby. Drivers of media vehicles with drop off car passes are not required to have SONA IDs.
- Parking at the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), Civil Service Commission (CSC) and Batasan National High School using the SONA ID is on a "First Come, First Serve" basis.
- Copies of the Media SONA kit and the SONA as delivered by President Benigno Aquino III will be made available at the House Media Center.
- Proper decorum and protocol shall be observed.
- Media persons covering the event are advised to wear Barong Tagalog/Polo Barong for men and Filipiniana or business attire for women.
HREP MEDIA CENTER
- The Media Center will be open from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm on the day of SONA.
- HRep-PRIB Media Coordinators will be on hand to assist reporters, operate TV monitor and distribute copies of the SONA.
- Print/online reporters are advised to bring their laptops/notebooks if they intend to file stories and dispatches at the Media Center.
- Coffee, drinks and biscuits will be served to SONA-accredited media.
SCHEDULE OF SET-UP OF MEDIA FACILITIES
- The set-up/installation of media facilities/equipment is scheduled on July 20-22 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) from 7:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. only. On the day of the SONA, set-up of minor equipment such as tripods, cameras, radio network facilities and others which will not require cabling or movement/installation of major equipment shall be allowed from 8:00 am - 9:45 am and from 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm.
ACCESS TO HREP DURING PRE-SONA PREPARATIONS/SET-UP (20-22 JULY 2012)
- The list of names of HRep-PRIB/Malacañang/Senate-PRIB contingent and all media persons entering the House of Representatives on July 20-22, 2012 shall be submitted to the PRIB-OED (Committee on Media) not later than 18 July 2012 for submission to the Committee on Presidential Honors and Security (LSB). Those in this list are exempted from the "NO PRE-SONA SECURITY ACCESS STICKER, NO ENTRY" policy.
- Upon checking the SONA 2012 ID (if already available) or agency ID or any ID with photo of every arriving media person, the Security at the North Gate shall allow entry of only those in the list submitted by the Committee on Media.
Please remember that on the day of the SONA:
- The main building entrance shall be closed to all at 1:00 P.M. and shall be opened after the end of the Joint Session for exit of guests.
- The South Wing Lobby shall be closed to all Secretariat employees, Congressional Staff and visitors at 1:00 P.M. Only Protocol Officers, PRIB Personnel, authorized Media and Security personnel deployed at the South Wing lobby shall be allowed thereat.
- Installation of RTVM Tele Prompters and flower arrangement at the Plenary Hall shall start at 12:00 noon on the day of the SONA.
- The Plenary Hall shall be opened for the Joint Session to guests/visitors at 2:00 P.M.
- The color coding system for the Media IDs takes effect at 2:00 pm. (ANNEX I)
- Everyone must be seated at the Plenary Hall not later than 3:30 P.M.
- Entrance Doors at the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Galleries of the Plenary Hall shall be promptly closed at 3:30 P.M.
- Cell phones, beepers and radio transceivers must be turned off while inside the Plenary Hall.
- Pre-selected HRep Food Court concessionaires located at the Fast food Center/Building and accredited caterers shall be allowed to operate on 23 July 2012 up to 1:00 p.m. only.
- Bringing in of canned/bottled beverages, including water, inside the Main Building shall be prohibited.
NOTE: THESE ARRANGEMENTS MAY CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE DUE TO SECURITY MEASURES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE TASK FORCE SONA 2012