- House Leaders
HOUSE LEADERS INFORMATION
The Deputy Speakers of the Philippine House of Representatives are the second highest-ranking officials of the Philippine House of Representatives. During the absence of the House Speaker, one of the House Deputy Speakers will preside over the House of Representatives.
- Hon. Arenas, Rose Marie "Baby" J.
- Hon. Alvarez, Mercedes K.
- Hon. Ting, Randolph S.
- Hon. Abu, Raneo "Ranie" E.
- Hon. Pichay, Prospero Jr. A.
- Hon. Garcia-Albano, Mylene J.
- Hon. Yap, Arthur C.
- Hon. Cayetano, Pia S.
- Hon. Garin, Sharon S.
- Hon. Arbison, Munir M.
- Hon. Hernandez, Ferdinand L.
- Hon. Abueg, Frederick "Erick" F.
- Hon. Escudero, Evelina G.
- Hon. Villarica, Linabelle Ruth R.
House Rules V: Section 17. Duties and Powers
The duties and powers of the Deputy Speakers are:
- to assume the duties and powers of the Speaker when so chosen by a majority vote or by lot among themselves, as the case may be, in cases of absence or temporary incapacity of the Speaker, until such time that the Speaker returns to office and resumes work; and, in case of resignation, removal, permanent incapacity or death of the Speaker, until such time that a new Speaker is elected and qualified;
- to preside over the session when, even if present, the Speaker does not preside, or has not designated any other Member as temporary presiding officer as provided in Section 15(h) of Rule IV;
- to monitor, coordinate and facilitate action on measures filed, requests, and other concerns of Members representing constituencies to which they may be assigned by the Speaker;
- to recommend to the Speaker appropriate policies, strategies and programs of action to improve the process of legislation and the quality of legislative measures, and to effectively address concerns of Members on matters affecting them, their constituencies, and the overall operations and integrity of the House;
- to appoint personnel of the House when so authorized by the Speaker; and
- to perform such other duties and functions as may be assigned or delegated to them by the Speaker.